Tuesday, January 1, 2013

X MAS books, the 411

So to go back to my previous post I received some fantastic books from my loved ones for x mas:

The river cottage preserves hand book

At the kitchen table

The great chili book

The art of fermentation

The whole beast butchery

FAT: an appreciation of a misunderstood ingredient, with recipes

The preservation kitchen

And the cooks illustrated cookbook

I have read the beginnings of all of them and I have to say I am most excited about the art of fermentation, and whole beast butchery. TAOF is a gem. Half science and half practice information. The author is Sandor Ellix Katz a self taught guru and author of wild fermentation. This book takes wild fermentation further in an understandable and friendly manner just like wild.

Whole beast butchery is 75% pictures of whole animal breakdown for pig, cow, and lamb. Along with cuts that are rather in common but great and practical restaurant and home application.

Well I am gonna go cook and ferment my lil heart out
Till next time
God speed spaceman
Falcon Archer

No comments:

Post a Comment