Sunday, January 6, 2013

kombucha

oh the buch i do love you.

i was once a skeptic but as it turns out i simply love the stuff especially GT's organic raw gingeraid the extra spunky kind that requires you to be over 21 to purchase. it makes my lil tummy so damn happy. so where does this delicious  elixir come from??

from its mother just like you and me. the "mother" is a living organism similar to a mushroom. it is a living breathing colony of yeast, bacteria, and micro organisms. and as it ferments and lives it grows and creates more buch just add tea and sugar. i really want to try to grow some of my very own using black and ginger tea.

using this wonderful website i have my very own kombucha growing in my kitchen:

http://www.culturesforhealth.com/obtaining-growing-kombucha-scoby

No comments:

Post a Comment